Skip to main content

Two hacks to simplify the 52-week challenge

Our cute House Piggy Bank given by my mother to me and my girlfriend


What is 52-week Challenge

The 52-week challenge is a weekly saving challenge that runs for a total of 52 weeks or a year. It was one of the trending topics in Philippine social media in the late 2016 after a lot of people who have completed the 2016 challenge posted their success saving a lot of money.

The idea is simple, you have to choose an amount to save every week like 5 pesos, 10 pesos and so on. After choosing an amount, like, say 10 pesos, you have to multiply it by the order of the week, sample 10 x 1 for the first week, that's the amount you will be putting in your piggy bank in the first week of January, 10 x 2 for the second week, and so on until the last week which will be 10 x 52 which is equal to 520 pesos, that is the maximum amount you will put to your piggy bank on this saving challenge.

At the end of the challenge, if you have chosen to save 10 pesos per week, you must have saved a total of 13,780 pesos, not bad right? You can buy a nice smartphone with your savings then, but it's better to save the savings, or best invest maybe for a higher return. But whatever you want, I know you have planned about it so stick to your plan and complete the mission for you to be happy.


The Hacks

One thing we noticed about the challenge is, you are saving little amount during the starting period and bigger amount during the near end of the 52 weeks. That maybe part of the challenge to keep the momentum but I thinks that doesn't affect on the attitude of the people who have accepted the challenge because that's their decision and they would stop and or continue whenever they want to. So I think it's a good idea to make this challenge easier.

For me, I would be fair to all the weeks, so I would simplify this challenge. I have two ideas on how we can reinvent and hack this out and to simplify this 52-week saving challenge:
  • Be Fair to all the Weeks - Instead of saving small amount in the starting week and bigger amount in the near end, why not save an equal amount for all the weeks? So if we can save a total of 13,780 for a 10 peso weekly saving after 52-week challenge, that means the average saving per week is 265 because 13,780 / 52 is exactly 265. That's if we decided to go for the 10 pesos weekly. If you 
  • I won't use a Piggy Bank Anymore. I will save Online - Isn't it unique? You won't bother hiding your piggy bank in your cabinets at home, plus it's just a tap away from your finger and you've got a rescue whenever you need them. I think the primary reason to save in piggy bank aside from each of our goals is of course to have an emergency fund. Our piggy banks are always to the rescue if we need cash badly, but we can't get cash on them when you badly need them in school or while on your way home, right? I think it's better to save our money online for more convenience. I will try to save it in my CoinsPH Online Account because it's FREE, easy and more convenient. You can read more on how to start your CoinsPH account here.
Actually I have three ideas to maximize this saving craze, the third involves risks but if lucky enough, we can save more than the calculated 52-week savings without increasing our weekly savings.

Since I will be putting my savings online in my CoinsPH Wallet, I will have the chance to invest it in Bitcoins. So I will try this thing out and hope to succeed at the end of the year and update this post if this works fine. I hope we'll be lucky enough to succeed on our hacks and save more, share if you have some hacks to add.

Read:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reaction Paper for the movie The Count of Monte Cristo

The Second Part of the Reaction Paper on the Count of Monte Cristo Movie. The Count of Monte Cristo is a great story that helps you to realize how far the reaches of vengeance can really go. When the Count is going around ruining people it seems like he is more of a machine than a person. It seems like he has no emotions and can’t forgive the people who hurt him. Although some people might argue that the people who wronged the Count truly had what was coming to them, some of the Count’s actions could be seen as unnecessary. In the end everyone will be punished or rewarded by God and you shouldn’t be worried about what other people do or say as much as you are worried about yourself. “God will give me justice,” this line which was engraved in the wall on the prison was retained on my mind when I watched the movie” The Count of Monte Cristo.” This movie amazed me very much because of its excellent theme. I really like the story because it has a mixed of drama, suspense and rom

PROVEN and TESTED: Step-by-step guide to Register Alumni Association with SEC Philippines

Registering and Incorporating your High School or College Alumni Association with the Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) is a straightforward process now especially that SEC already have an online process. Here is how we registered our Non-stock and non-profit alumni organization with the SEC in less than a month process. Prepare the personal information of your incorporators Before going to the SEC website, you will the the following information of your incorporators prepared: Complete name such as their first name, middle name, last name Birth date Address, and  TIN number Use the SEC eSPARC Online Company Registration Go to the SEC website and look for the Online Services and select SEC eSPARC and click on the Regular Processing. Alumni associations are non stock corporation so you won't be able to avail of the OneSEC Processing. Remember the following important step: Select the nearest SEC office from your area, you will need to bring the signed and printed copy later o

Pluggle Review: 6 Reasons Why I doubt Pluggle and Why I'm Not Joining

First thing first, I am not concluding that this Pluggle is a scam because as per my observation and as far as my knowledge is concerned, people including my close friends seems profiting from this scheme and got the money they invested into it in a short period of time, and with profit ( although I'm sure the return of investment they got was paid by the people they invited and not from the company itself ). I think there's no doubt as to their legitimacy because, YES they are legitimate and are registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission of the Philippines as PLUGGLE INC. Are they scam? " Scam " is defined as a " dishonest scheme or a fraud ", are they being dishonest? I think no because they intend to do what they say. Are they " fraudulent "? Fraud is defined as " wrongful or criminal deception intended  to result in financial or personal gain "? This is also vague but I think I was struck by the last pa