Skip to main content

The Lost Class Propehcy of Dologon NHS Batch 2011 | Written and Delivered by Hazel Vone Ayahay

Kearth, Baby Jane, Hazel Vone, Joeann, Geneva,
Mary, Jeffry [Me], Maribel, and Jinky
During the Juniors - Seniors Prom 2011

I was staring at a clean sheet of papers. My mind is wandering to and from if what would be the setting of the novel that I entitled A Folk’s Lair. As I look at it blankly, I saw something. It is somewhat a star-shaped emblem. Embossed in its heart are 6 letters in cursive. It is somewhat “F-U-T-U-R-E” but as I blew the dust, it became clear, it is “FUTURE”. When I laid my eyes on its side panels, there are numbers carved,”2-0-2-1”. I was confused, how could such an emblem with the word “FUTURE” and the year “2021” can help me from writing the setting of the novel!? Maybe yes, it could help so I touched it, and because of that rays of light met me that I could hardly open my eyes. I spent so much effort to open it, but nothing happened so I let it closed for a few minutes. To my great surprise, I felt a painful punch in my stomach, it was lurched by and I was floating in the air… I am in a black hole…

The next thing I knew, I was in the façade in the Mall of Asia wearing an executive’s uniform. I stared at the scented invitation card in pink in which these words are printed. “First Batch Reunion; Class of 2010-2011 of Dologon National High School; Mall of Asia Concert Ground; February 23, 2021; 8:00 P.M.”

I went inside and proceeded to the concert ground. As I walked, I remembered that it was also February 23 that we had our J.S. Prom ten years ago. What a coincidence!

When I arrived at the main venue, I looked for a seat and suited myself. I was very astonished when I saw the boy band playing live in the stage. It was the ever cute and charming members of Tong-Balin-Tong Band namely Ryan Julie Bueno on drums, Carlo Alfante and Ruben Jay Montecillo on guitars, Marc Eric Adlaon on bass, keyboards for Ian Dave Piquero and Edmar Cavan on vocals—and thinking that they were my former classmates made me so proud. Imagine, they ranked number two in the searched for the Hottest Playing Boy Band in the country.

When they stepped off-stage, my eyes followed. I spotted this pretty young woman that Edmar approached to. Oh! It was Joeann Saldivar, His three-long-years girlfriend. I couldn’t prevent myself from painting a smile in my face as I watched them whispering sweet nothings to each other. What a lovely pair!

All of a sudden, young woman in black approached the lovers. She was Reverosa Claro, Joeann’s best pal. Both are now working as Certified Public Accountants at one of the best banks the country. Joeann at Banco De Oro and Reverosa at Metro Bank.

When the masters of the ceremony stepped on stage, the crowd went silent. Why? Because the masters are no other than Rogelio Escanillas Jr. A.K.A. VJ Drei of Myx at Studio 23 and ABS-CBN’s Vice President for News and Current Affairs, the ever-famous broadcaster Ms. Iriene Montesa.

As VJ Drei and Ms. Monteza introduced themselves, I never expected for this politician to come to Manila just to attend the reunion. Despite the fact of being busy, this incumbent provincial Governor of Bukidnon, Honorable Marvin Deocares came over accompanied by his lovely wife and cute little angels. Behind Gov. Deocares are the brave soldiers of the Philippines namely: Jonathan Arellano, Fernando Gallus Jr., Jobert Tampon and Daniel Mahusay of Philippine Drug and Enforcement Agency. Next to them are the members of the Philippine navy, they are Roel Laboga Jr., Alwin Arnan, Antoni Berdin and Rhamelito Jalea. After them are, Oliver Pareño, Robertson Santillan, Rodel Ejaynes and Excil Ray Bocao of the Philippine Air Force. They are followed by the National Bureau of Investigation Agents Junjie Manayon, Noemebelle Dorelag, Jayson Paden and Michael James Tapia.

[Murag putol nani dinhi]

            “Fine still. The food tastes good, right? I wonder who cooked this one.”
She didn’t bothered to answer. Instead, she put a half smile on her lips. I wonder not only on the food but also that smile on her face if what’s that for. When I’m about to ask, she was able to tell me already. I was very surprised when I knew it. Imagine, she is now Chef Regina Jarden. A chef in Wonder Star Corporation with her assistants, Chef Melody Lukinhay, Chef Rodora Palasol and Chef Zeidyl Mondoñedo.

After having a conversation with me, Regina left. She went to a crowd of 12. There, I spotted some of my batch mates. They are Joanna Marie Marcelino and Divine Correa now a flight attendant and Pilot Charlie John Pinote. The three are working at Philippine Airlines.

Also with the group are the tour guides, Rachel Doronila, Margery Dela Torre and Lora Aboc. Beside them are Jannece Arbolado, a manager at Waterfront Philippines Inc. Norelyn Monsales, a front desk clerk at Executive Plaza Hotel. Ryan Lo, a captain waiter at the Peninsula Manila—one of the world’s best hotels. Rushelle Abello, Jorevel Dalangin and Joan Roldan, are now part of the service crew at London Dairy Café, Abu Dhabi, United Arab e corner the honorable teaching staff Emirates.

As I turned around, I saw at th of different schools. They are Ma’am Rosalyn Rupinta, Ma’am Welma Maluenda and Sir Jonifer Obregon, teaching at our beloved Alma Mater-Dologon National High School. Also there are Ma’am Aiza Marie Gimpayan, Ma’am Lea Revilla and Ma’am Gecil Boliboli pre-school teachers.

On the other side are Prof. Cristina Desucatan, Prof. Leah Mae Nuncio, Prof Chrislene Pangan, Prof. Josephine Murillo, Prof Tam Bonalos, and Prof Jhon Exioma. They are working at different universities and colleges in the Philippines Island. And the one and the only teacher who is working under the 1000 missionaries that is assigned in South Korea is ma’am Genalyn Gorgonio.

After having a mini-conversation with the teachers, I looked around. I wonder those baritone voices do came from. As I turned my head on the center of the Mall of Asia Concert Ground, there I saw the ever handsome, charming and skilled businessmen in the country, accompanied by their secretaries. The bachelors are, sir Kearth Curan the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the sta. Lucia Reality and Development Inc. he was accompanied by his sexy Executive Officer (EO), Ms. Diana Rose Tamba. Sir jezreel Puyos the president of the Manila Jockey Club Inc. with his secretary, Ms. Nadine Nevizha Yecyec, Sir Randy Talagba the vice-President of the accounting and the finance Department of the Jollibee Food Corp. Along side with his secretary, Ms. Christine Sulatorio , Sir Jobert Nacario the president of the Alaska Milk Corp. With his secretary Ms. Manilyn Abellanosa. Sir Reynaldo Munez the president of the Filinvest Development Corp. was accompanied by his secretary at the same time, his long time girlfriend, Ms. Glecelle Pacomios.

Also with the group are sir Jerome Obregon the president of the Tanduay Holding Inc. with his secretary Ms. Jiza Boter, Sir Brellance Montaño of San Miguel Brewery Inc. with his secretary ,Ms.zel Babe Behiga.

Also there are sir Rex Anthony Oray and sir Rodjun Alejan and sir Rex Aguillon of Ginebra San Miguel Inc., sir Geone Dopin and sir Louivile Acosta of Pepsi-Cola Products Philippines Inc.

Beside the businessmen are of course, the Business women. They are composed of Cherish Llanes, Donale Chein Perater and Ayen Man-ulogan. They are the most demand jewelers in the coutry. Aside from them are Cristina Merced, Minda Estiva and Jennifer Sumbi. They owned a fashion boutique in SM Mega mall with lots of branches all over the Philippines.

As I talked to Cristina Merced, I saw one of the famous agriculturist and horticulturist in the country. They are Sir Jerry Torres and ma’am Ronabel Tamba respectively.  

They are demand architect, architect Renie Joy Puyos with his secretary, Ms. Kristine Joy Dela Cruz and the cost accountant, Ms. Mary Joy Dag-um, CPA. The three are working at Prime a Homes Real Estate Development Inc.

I was very astounded to what happened 10 years after. Did they really become certified public accountants, rich businessmen or woman, IT experts, licensed doctors, registered nurses, licensed engineers and others? Is this only a dream or all these things really lies in the future? My head ached because of this answered questions.

But before I knew it, Father Ricky Balaba and Father Erwin Salingguhay approached me. They told me not to take everything seriously. That everything happened 10 years after, is not impossible to think about. I was very glad to what they said.

When the program was about to finish, my phone rang. It was my secretary calling me that I still have a script to be passed for a movie at Hollywood, California.

After exchanging goodbyes to my batch mates, I went to my car. I was about to put the key  in the keyhole when I noticed something. In the backseat is a 7 pages intermediate pad. I got it and read what was written. It was “Class Prophecy: SY 2010-2011”. Oh my! It was the class prophecy that I wrote ten years ago.

When I was about to close my eyes, I again felt that painful punch in my stomach, it was lurched by and I was floating in the air….I am in a black hole…

The next thing I knew, I was in my armchair finalizing the prophecy. I read it again.

“Class Prophecy; SY 2010-2011; Hazel Vone M. Ayahay” 

Before I’ll part, let us inculcate in our minds the lines of Langston Hughes. According to him, we must “Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.”


Written and delivered by Hazel Vone M. Ayahay during the Dologon NHS Batch 2011 JS Prom at the University Convention Center of Central Mindanao University, Musuan, Dologon, Maramag, Bukidnon on the 23rd of February 2011. (File copy by Jeffry Manhulad, found on the 12th of April 2016)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reaction Paper for the movie The Count of Monte Cristo

The Second Part of the Reaction Paper on the Count of Monte Cristo Movie. The Count of Monte Cristo is a great story that helps you to realize how far the reaches of vengeance can really go. When the Count is going around ruining people it seems like he is more of a machine than a person. It seems like he has no emotions and can’t forgive the people who hurt him. Although some people might argue that the people who wronged the Count truly had what was coming to them, some of the Count’s actions could be seen as unnecessary. In the end everyone will be punished or rewarded by God and you shouldn’t be worried about what other people do or say as much as you are worried about yourself. “God will give me justice,” this line which was engraved in the wall on the prison was retained on my mind when I watched the movie” The Count of Monte Cristo.” This movie amazed me very much because of its excellent theme. I really like the story because it has a mixed of drama, suspense and rom

PROVEN and TESTED: Step-by-step guide to Register Alumni Association with SEC Philippines

Registering and Incorporating your High School or College Alumni Association with the Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) is a straightforward process now especially that SEC already have an online process. Here is how we registered our Non-stock and non-profit alumni organization with the SEC in less than a month process. Prepare the personal information of your incorporators Before going to the SEC website, you will the the following information of your incorporators prepared: Complete name such as their first name, middle name, last name Birth date Address, and  TIN number Use the SEC eSPARC Online Company Registration Go to the SEC website and look for the Online Services and select SEC eSPARC and click on the Regular Processing. Alumni associations are non stock corporation so you won't be able to avail of the OneSEC Processing. Remember the following important step: Select the nearest SEC office from your area, you will need to bring the signed and printed copy later o

Pluggle Review: 6 Reasons Why I doubt Pluggle and Why I'm Not Joining

First thing first, I am not concluding that this Pluggle is a scam because as per my observation and as far as my knowledge is concerned, people including my close friends seems profiting from this scheme and got the money they invested into it in a short period of time, and with profit ( although I'm sure the return of investment they got was paid by the people they invited and not from the company itself ). I think there's no doubt as to their legitimacy because, YES they are legitimate and are registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission of the Philippines as PLUGGLE INC. Are they scam? " Scam " is defined as a " dishonest scheme or a fraud ", are they being dishonest? I think no because they intend to do what they say. Are they " fraudulent "? Fraud is defined as " wrongful or criminal deception intended  to result in financial or personal gain "? This is also vague but I think I was struck by the last pa