Skip to main content

Things I learned after 1 Year of Tracking my Expenses using Wallet App by Budget Bakers


It was exactly a year ago when I started browsing in Google Play looking for FREE Android App that has all the features I like to track my expenses every single day.

I have probably tried about ten free apps I found in the Play Store but the only app that stand out was the "Wallet" App made by Budgetbakers.
It has all the free features I want although they also have pro features but I don't need to have them, I like FREE, who doesn't? (It's also good to note that they don't display ads anymore based on my experience recently so that's a plus too)

The reason that I want to track my expenses is for me to figure out on how I spent my hard-earned money and eventually save a bit because after a year of working, I think I haven't really save for myself.

It's not an easy task though because you have to account to every single centavo of your expenses in order for you to balance your money in the app and the cash or money you have on hand.

Every time I buy something I need to record it in the app and count my remaining cash and they should all be the same at all times, it's tiring and (boring for some) but when you see where your hard-earned money spent and you know you have spent it consciously is already an accomplishment, what more if they matched with your cash on hand and in the app after looking for the missing 1 or 5 cents? That's more of a mission accomplish.

That is just a start. The more important things I should do is figure out how to save. After looking at a year of data, I realized that the biggest expenses isn't really for myself but for the family and others. Of course if I know that's how most of us have spent their first months or year of income especially those who are breadwinners of their families.

What we should be praying is for us and our family to always have a good health because we can't really prepare on them and we will always be caught out of budget on that especially if our income is not really that high enough and we have more family members to care of.

Another thing that I have adjusted is my unnecessary vacation and going home. Before, I'm going home during my birthday, Christmas and New Year, Summer Vacation and more, but I realized I can save more if I will just stay during those times because plane tickets are really expensive in holiday seasons, so why not go home during cheap flights and book promo fares, I bet you we can really save a lot. That's why I din't go home this holiday season and just send little amount there for my family's salo salo.

We need to sacrifice something to achieve something. Never mind we aren't with our loved ones during holiday seasons as long as we can save for the future. (I think that's how OFWs feels, so we must really value our hard-earned money)

I think for someone like me who earns just enough for a living, it's important that we understand how we spend our money for us to start adjusting and eventually saving for the future.

For someone out there who is also fond of budgeting, you can check and give Wallet a try I highly recommend it (I'm not paid to recommend it though it's just an honest review) Here's the link.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reaction Paper for the movie The Count of Monte Cristo

The Second Part of the Reaction Paper on the Count of Monte Cristo Movie. The Count of Monte Cristo is a great story that helps you to realize how far the reaches of vengeance can really go. When the Count is going around ruining people it seems like he is more of a machine than a person. It seems like he has no emotions and can’t forgive the people who hurt him. Although some people might argue that the people who wronged the Count truly had what was coming to them, some of the Count’s actions could be seen as unnecessary. In the end everyone will be punished or rewarded by God and you shouldn’t be worried about what other people do or say as much as you are worried about yourself. “God will give me justice,” this line which was engraved in the wall on the prison was retained on my mind when I watched the movie” The Count of Monte Cristo.” This movie amazed me very much because of its excellent theme. I really like the story because it has a mixed of drama, suspense and rom

PROVEN and TESTED: Step-by-step guide to Register Alumni Association with SEC Philippines

Registering and Incorporating your High School or College Alumni Association with the Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) is a straightforward process now especially that SEC already have an online process. Here is how we registered our Non-stock and non-profit alumni organization with the SEC in less than a month process. Prepare the personal information of your incorporators Before going to the SEC website, you will the the following information of your incorporators prepared: Complete name such as their first name, middle name, last name Birth date Address, and  TIN number Use the SEC eSPARC Online Company Registration Go to the SEC website and look for the Online Services and select SEC eSPARC and click on the Regular Processing. Alumni associations are non stock corporation so you won't be able to avail of the OneSEC Processing. Remember the following important step: Select the nearest SEC office from your area, you will need to bring the signed and printed copy later o

Pluggle Review: 6 Reasons Why I doubt Pluggle and Why I'm Not Joining

First thing first, I am not concluding that this Pluggle is a scam because as per my observation and as far as my knowledge is concerned, people including my close friends seems profiting from this scheme and got the money they invested into it in a short period of time, and with profit ( although I'm sure the return of investment they got was paid by the people they invited and not from the company itself ). I think there's no doubt as to their legitimacy because, YES they are legitimate and are registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission of the Philippines as PLUGGLE INC. Are they scam? " Scam " is defined as a " dishonest scheme or a fraud ", are they being dishonest? I think no because they intend to do what they say. Are they " fraudulent "? Fraud is defined as " wrongful or criminal deception intended  to result in financial or personal gain "? This is also vague but I think I was struck by the last pa