Skip to main content

Helping Local Tourism: Mapping Mt. Batolusong Trekking Trail of Tanay, Rizal

Plotting The Trail from Duhatan Ridge to Mt. Batolusong Summit, the Rangyas Peak in Google Mapmaker Satellite View
When my workmates invited me for a Mountain Trekking to Mt. Batolusong, somewhere in Tanay, Rizal, I immediately search in Google to find more about the mountain we will be visiting. 

There's a lot of blog posts about how to get there but I couldn't find where it was on earth. I went to Google Maps and search for it but I couldn't find it, I've found a point of interest with the same name "Mt. Batolusong" but why on earth it was located in the middle of Manila.

Also Read:
I read more articles and realize this trekking spot has been there quite some time but no one cared putting it on Google Maps so that when somebody search for it they'll be able to visualize where on earth is this Mt. Batolusong.

So I got a plan during the hike, I'd like to map the trail going there and also some details about this destination. I downloaded an app called Geo Tracker which has the ability to record your trail using your phone's Global Positioning System and some features such as dropping a pin for some details of your trail. Perfect! This is what I need.

The actual trail recorded using Geo Tracker App during the trip. It was composed of four different trails, one from the jump off point to the camp site, second is the trail from camp site to the Rangyas summit, third if the trail from camp site going to Kay-ibon Falls and the last trail is from Kay-ibon Falls to Highway 
I used the Geo App's trail data to map it in Google Mapmaker, a tool used to contribute places for it to appear on Google Maps.

I've been a volunteer mapper for a while already and have contributed in this cause, so I'd be happy adding this deserving great place to the internet and help the local bring awareness of the cool adventure they can offer.

The trail after adding in Google Mapmaker awaiting for review and approval

There we have it. Let's wait for it to be approved by other mappers and reviewers and soon we'll be able to see Mt. Batolusong in Google Maps including the Duhatan Ridge where most hikers set up camp, the Mapatag Plateau which is also good to set up tents because there's enough flat space, the Rangyas peak, the Kay-ibon Falls and also I have included some details such as the drinking water source along the trail, and some stores where you can buy goods.

Also Read:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reaction Paper for the movie The Count of Monte Cristo

The Second Part of the Reaction Paper on the Count of Monte Cristo Movie. The Count of Monte Cristo is a great story that helps you to realize how far the reaches of vengeance can really go. When the Count is going around ruining people it seems like he is more of a machine than a person. It seems like he has no emotions and can’t forgive the people who hurt him. Although some people might argue that the people who wronged the Count truly had what was coming to them, some of the Count’s actions could be seen as unnecessary. In the end everyone will be punished or rewarded by God and you shouldn’t be worried about what other people do or say as much as you are worried about yourself. “God will give me justice,” this line which was engraved in the wall on the prison was retained on my mind when I watched the movie” The Count of Monte Cristo.” This movie amazed me very much because of its excellent theme. I really like the story because it has a mixed of drama, suspense and rom

PROVEN and TESTED: Step-by-step guide to Register Alumni Association with SEC Philippines

Registering and Incorporating your High School or College Alumni Association with the Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) is a straightforward process now especially that SEC already have an online process. Here is how we registered our Non-stock and non-profit alumni organization with the SEC in less than a month process. Prepare the personal information of your incorporators Before going to the SEC website, you will the the following information of your incorporators prepared: Complete name such as their first name, middle name, last name Birth date Address, and  TIN number Use the SEC eSPARC Online Company Registration Go to the SEC website and look for the Online Services and select SEC eSPARC and click on the Regular Processing. Alumni associations are non stock corporation so you won't be able to avail of the OneSEC Processing. Remember the following important step: Select the nearest SEC office from your area, you will need to bring the signed and printed copy later o

Pluggle Review: 6 Reasons Why I doubt Pluggle and Why I'm Not Joining

First thing first, I am not concluding that this Pluggle is a scam because as per my observation and as far as my knowledge is concerned, people including my close friends seems profiting from this scheme and got the money they invested into it in a short period of time, and with profit ( although I'm sure the return of investment they got was paid by the people they invited and not from the company itself ). I think there's no doubt as to their legitimacy because, YES they are legitimate and are registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission of the Philippines as PLUGGLE INC. Are they scam? " Scam " is defined as a " dishonest scheme or a fraud ", are they being dishonest? I think no because they intend to do what they say. Are they " fraudulent "? Fraud is defined as " wrongful or criminal deception intended  to result in financial or personal gain "? This is also vague but I think I was struck by the last pa